Our team of certified restorer’s use a wide array of restorative cleaning techniques including water-based cleaners and chemical sponges to clean soot off walls and ceilings; smoke can permeate walls and other porous surfaces and if it is not properly removed, smoke odour will remain, especially during warm or damp weather.
WCS Build restorers apply odour neutralising solutions to any porous materials and walls, neutralising the odour to prevent it from setting in.
Any building surface that were unable to be successfully restored and have not been compromised will be sealed using a bleed sealer by our technicians, and prepared for painting.
PROFESSIONAL WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION
The WCS Build team have the latest restoration equipment and necessary expertise to handle your water damage restoration needs; no job is too big or too small!
We aim to have a response team on site in under 1 hour to all emergency calls, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, because we understand that the time in which a water damaged property is attended to makes a noticeable difference in the finished work.
Australian and International guidelines for your safety by drying, deodorizing and disinfecting the areas flooded or damaged using time-tested procedures only.
Our Hi-Tech truck mounted and powerful portable extraction units perform optimal water removal.
Moisture detection equipment such as hygrometers measure the extent of moisture saturation.
Sanitising Agents, germicides, fungicides & antimicrobial treatments
Deodorisation Products control odours emanating from micro-organisms and bacteria which flourish in excessive moisture
Disinfection Products deter the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful micro-organisms.
Cutting Edge Drying Equipment
We invest in the very best drying equipment on the market. Our commitment to stay up to date ensures the best experience possible. Our high-grade dehumidification units allow us to control humidity levels and speed up drying of structural materials and contents items to prevent secondary water damage.
Our high-speed dryers create airflow across all surfaces, evaporating moisture; this process helps to prevent mould and bacterial growth, swelling and warping of floors, walls, and other surfaces in your home.
We are experts in mould removal and mould damage cleaning and restoration across South East Queensland. Our team of specialised restorers certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) in Applied Mould Remediation. We follow the IICRC global standards in all the mould removal, cleaning and remediation programs we undertake.
Any mould contamination in one’s home or work environment is an emergency and we respond with our 24/7 emergency service; where a Mould Remediation Technician will commence the assessment, make safe and mould remediation and clean-up program within one hour from your call across any part of Brisbane.
What is Mould and What is the Best Way to Manage It?
Mould is a fungi and is created and reproduced through tiny spores that travel through the air and attach themselves to wet and damp surfaces. It likes warm, moist environments and needs some organic matter (such as wood and dirt on surfaces) to feed off. It can also digest synthetic materials like paint or other types of adhesives.
The most effective way to reduce mould growth in your home or business is to remove excess water and control moisture and humidity in the process. All of our Mould Remediation Specialists are also certified Water Damage Restoration Technicians and are able to determine the best way to remove water build up and mange humidity. By addressing the root cause of water damage, your current mould issue should not reappear once it has been managed.
Mould issues many not always be immediately noticeable, so if you are suspicious or have noticed water ingress or the beginnings of mould contamination around your home or business, call us now before the mould spreads, increasing your repair bill and your exposure to health risks.
What we do to quickly remove the dangers of mould growth and contamination from your home, commercial or industrial building;
- Mould Contamination Assessment – Our first step is to always assess the mould damage and use our specialised instruments and monitors to map out the extent of the damage. We aim to identify the root cause of the mould problem and recommend the best way to address it, so that the mould issue is not a reoccurring one. Where required we can also organise mould testing in the lab.
- Scope Of Works – We carefully plan how to remove the mould, clean, disinfect and repair the affected surfaces and materials, as well as how to stop the root cause. We can provide detailed assessments and restoration process outlines to your insurance company to support any claims. At this stage we can provide fairly accurate outlines of estimated costs and the time required for the different phases in the mould remediation and restoration program.
- Address Water Ingress Issues – We aim to stop the water ingress causing the dampness stimulating mould growth. This could be a leaking pipe or leaking roof issues, leaking gutters or facia, or even poorly sealed windows and doors. It could be the outcome of poor drainage or sub-floor ventilation, or it could be from rising dam issues. We can organise for all types of water ingress issues to be addressed.
- Contain Mould Issue – As required, we seal off the affected areas to avoid the further spread of mould during the mould remediation process.
- Kill and Remove Mould Contamination and Mould Odour – We commence the removal of mould using the most appropriate method in line with the type of mould identified, the type of surfaces contaminated, the degree of mould contamination spread and the amount of time it has been present. Some minor mould issues can be addressed using the correct cleaning treatments to remove the mould, other surfaces may be deemed to be non-salvageable and the mould must be cut out and disposed off according to industry guidelines. HEPA vacuums are used to remove mould spores from upholstery, carpets and other soft and hard surfaces that may have been exposed to the contamination. Air Purifiers are used through the process to capture the dead mould spores from the air and so totally removing them from your environment. We clean all surfaces and materials exposed to the mould and dispose of any non-salvageable items.
- Drying Program – Once the mould clean up and removal is finalised we then undertake to dry out the affected environment to remove excess water and moisture in the air and ensure the building is left dry, avoiding future issues of mould. It is however important that the root cause has been addressed to remove the risk of future mould growth.
- Structural Restoration – Our certified Mould Remediation and Water Damage Restoration Technicians are skilled to manage the mould remediation and restoration program end to end. From demolition work through to restoration. We can organise for structures to be rebuilt, replastering and painting. We repair water damaged roofs and ceilings and provide solutions for water ingress issues. We have a network of processional trades that understand water damage and how to best manage repair or constriction.
- Reporting – We are able to provide final reports of work undertaken and the justification behind actions taken. This reporting assists with insurance claims and lends itself to a quicker and smoother settlement process. We are happy to work with assessors and loss adjusters and understand their requirements.